Great Value in Columbus, Ohio - Wal-Mart *** Poor Planning

On Friday, November 4th, 2011, I stopped at my local Super Wal-Mart in Bellefontaine, OH on my way home from work. I work second shift, so I generally do my grocery shopping during late hours, as I work until 12:30am. This particular shopping experience was VERY dissatisfying to say the least.

I was planning on getting ground beef to make chili, but to my surprise the meat department shelves were nearly empty. There were only six one-pound packages of lean ground beef, nothing else. I never buy the lean, as it is a dollar more per pound than the regular. Nevertheless, I was astonished that a large chain such as Wal-Mart had completely cleared out their shelves that are usually stocked completely full.

I continued shopping, even though I was displeased. As I walked down the isle I noticed there was no fresh pork on the shelves as well. The same goes for the lunch meat department, and even the bread aisle. There was maybe 5 loaves of Great Value wheat bread, but what I usually purchase is the cheaper white bread, and what I found was shelf after shelf where the bread usually is completely empty.

Feeling very discouraged I found a couple of workers standing in the freezer section talking and politely waited for them to notice me. When I addressed my concern to their empty shelves, I expected them to say it was simply not stocked yet, and I was prepared to wait on them to get me what I came to buy. This did not happen. They told me that they were totally out of all of it, and would not have more until the truck came in the next day. I asked them why they were so low, to which one replied "This happens the first week of every month when all the welfare checks come in." I asked them why the store does not order more if it happens every month at the same time, and the other replied without skipping a beat "Don't know, guess you need to get here earlier." This upset me tremendously, as I work hard for my money, long hours, and as a loyal customer to the only 24 hour store in our town, I expected a more concerned reply instead of the rude and unfair one I was given.

I quickly proceeded to the register to but the few items the store did have in stock that I had already placed in my cart, where the woman at the cash register was no more resourceful. I explained to her my issue and asked why the store did not order more if it is like this every month and her reply was simple and just as rude: "Welcome to retail" was all she had to say. I asked if there was a manager on staff and she told me yes, but that the manager was going to tell me the same thing. I promptly left the store before making a scene and telling the workers what I thought about their service and poor planning.

Read

Lol.. Keep in mind that each store has regulations on how much perishable goods they can have at any given time and storage procedures before they come out on the shelves.everything has a procedure Especially raw

meat!!! X amount of cold meat storage equals X amount of raw meat on hand. Can't stock up raw meat just to satisfy the late customers, unless you want the meat that's never been in the cold storage since delivery.

Get there in time, if you cant then adjust your budget to buy the lean stuff. lean beef is very healthy

:grin :grin :grin :grin :p :p :p :p

I'll agree that the employees should have seemed a little more concerned with your issues of lack of products on the shelves, but I do think it should be pointed out that the employees really don't have the answers either. They aren't the ones who place the orders for the trucks; they're simply the ones hired to put the merchandise on the shelves and/or ring the purchases up when the customer wants to buy them.

Honestly, if you wanted some sort of legitimate answer, you should have asked the manager to start with. I'm not saying (s)he would have been able to help either but there is a better chance someone in a position of authority in the store would know more than the hourly-paid employees.

nikalseyn

This is WalMart's customer service. It does absolutely no good to complain as "Corporate" controls everything, based on computer models---which are usually inadequate, lacking any common sense, or just plain erroneous.

WalMart is simply too big. Personally, I would shop elsewhere, and I do so all the time.

It is a rare occasion I go to WalMart. If you like service like this with no avenue of complaint, wait till ObamaCare kicks in---you will love it---if you are allowed to live, that is.

:cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry
overholser.pk
Review #235694 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Great Value in Little Rock, Arkansas - Product discrepency

I bought a box of Great Value Saltine Crackers, 4pack. The box had 3 full packages and 1 half full package.

All the packages were sealed. And the box was sealed also, I do not remember if I bought them at the Supercenter in Blytheville, AR or at the Wal-Mart store here in Osceola, AR.

I frequently visit the Wal-Mart Stores and have never had this to happen to me, and like the convenience of Wal-Mart here in Osceola AR.I bought these crackers in October, 2011. Thank you, Dorothy Hollinger, P O Box 73 Osceola, AR 72370

Read

Stop complaining and get a life

Review #234157 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer234157.

Great Value in Corona, New York - Continually out of stock

They were horrible! The employees from management all the way down. The managers didn't know what was going on.

In the past two weeks i have walked back to this store checking for GREAT VALUE CONE ICE CREAM ($3.98), BOB EVANS BRUNCH BOWLS AND GREAT VALUE ORANGE JUICE among others items, only to discover again and again that it is continually out of stock. Your store personnel say they can do nothing and have no manager who can help either. Every time i go into the store i wonder what will be out of stock this time.

Shame on you WALMART, will never earn my business again.

Thanks and bye-bye!!!!

You won't be missed.

acbene
Loss
Review #204170 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Great Value in Madison Heights, Virginia - Wal mart food more than p'd me off

Walmart was trustworthy as long as Sam lived then nose dived to ***! Good food made by other companies have been replaced by ex: "GREAT VALUE..FULLY LOADED BACON BLAST PIZZA".

Distributor is on box, COUNTRY?

of origin is not. Just one example of disappointment. Not to mention 15+ Registers with one Part-Time Uninsured Employee. WM could have kept the devotion of GENERATIONS of families, however, sad but true, Money$ is the bottom line and "SOMEONE??" sold out not only Sam but present and future consumers.

Looks like WM has competition now, too bad about Greed. TARGET??

Anyone?? I am open to reason but...WM never gives me any.

Read

Perhaps the "Mac Truck" as you call it will be a former Walmart employee and in that case, would aim for you instead. Have a Happy Thanksgiving and thank you for exaggerating and shopping at your neighborhood Walmart.

Also, if any of those words were too big and confusing for you, I'm sure Walmart sells dictionaries as well. Have a great one, Ressie

Holmestrand, Vestfold, Norway #211973

In the middle learn to read. There were more than one register open.

There were 12.

I just said one out of 15 to exgaratte. Read the replies as well as the letter before making a *** of yourself..

Who cares go play in traffic and see if anyone cares or misses you when you get squashed by a Mac Truck.

I will say that it seem's to happen alot...15 register's and one really slow cashier. Our WM no longer has self check-out, which sucks because now I have to wait in line 30 minutes to check out.

Yeah....they are trying to make money. Get over it.

Why else would they be operating? Also, the store does not operate to serve just you.

You are not the only person on the earth and you don't mean anything to anyone. Before you start posting your "pissed off" rants.....you might want to get out a dictionary or use a spell-checker of some kind.

Holmestrand, Vestfold, Norway #209251

You guys are so ***. There was not one cashier out of 15 open.

I only posted that as an exgarattion dummies. Don't *** me off more than I am already pissed off dummies.

Okay there were 12 cashiers open but the store was filled wiht cheapo single physically abusive mothers so the lines were busy. Don't have children if you cannot afford to shop elsewhere.

Holmestrand, Vestfold, Norway #209249

I never saw any store with one cashier. Maybe lots of people called in sick.

Holmestrand, Vestfold, Norway #209248

Hey if you want low prices they can only hire one cashier. Otherwise pay more at other store.

ressie
Review #183495 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Great Value in Zelienople, Pennsylvania - Walmart sells gluten free products, w/wheat?

Wal-Mart has their Great Value brand food in the Trimph Grocery Gluten Free book. What a nice surpise until we went out and bought "Great Value" gluten free items.

I prepared the scalloped potatoes and my husband started getting sick before he was done. I read the box and it said gluten free but may contain wheat ?????? Gluten free food can NEVER contain wheat. My husband is 79 yrs.

old and it took 3 days for my him to get over the symptoms of eating something with gluten in it. Good thing he didn't eat very much because you can die from eating gluten ! How can they advertise and item, put gluten free on the box and then say there may be gluten in it.

I looked at other items they advertise as gluten free but they have ingredients that is on my ingredient list as having gluten. It's my fault that I didn't read the lable BUT at the same time, I believed in Wal-Mart and their advertising !

Read

Walmart sells Mac and Cheese, which is labeled as Gluten Free, but also contains the warning beneath the ingredients that it is processed with machinery that may also be used with to process wheat products. This is deceptive practices.

No product deserves to be labeled with the designation of Gluten Free unless this is absolutely a fact. Consumers rely on proper labeling and so indicating it is one thing on the front of the packaging and then on the back of the packaging starting that, we may be wrong about what we said on the front. It should also include the statement that we mislead you to sell more products at your expense.

I stopped buying any groceries at Walmart. You should, too.

Gluten free does not mean wheat free. Gluten is part of wheat, this can actually be removed. I have a wheat allergy and eventhough I buy many GF foods I still have to check labels as it still may contain wheat.

You have Walmart if they sold a product that was labeled GF when it also stated may contain wheat.

But any Celiac who comsumed food that stated "may contain wheat" got what they deserved. Sorry.

I believe a food has to contain no more then 10 parts per 1,000,000 of gluten to be certified GF.

Look For The GF Label

Holmestrand, Vestfold, Norway #199898

I just found out my wife poisioned me so we can sue.

#199872

Are you kidding? That is ridiculous!

Gluten-free items with gluten!

I do believe that you are on steady grounds to sue wal-mart, with good cause. (Unlike some people who will trip, and sue walmart because they got their socks there.) Seriously though, that is completely ridiculous.

(I think, if they keep the percentage under like .05% or something, they can call it gluten-free.)

Zelienople, Pennsylvania
Review #180337 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer180337.

All angel hair in the great value packs is NOT angel hair pasta

this is for the de funiak springs, fla. super walmart. last month, i bought a box of the angel hair pasta in the great value brand. this is walmart's brand.

i got home and opened the box and cooked it and it was the size of regular thin spaghetti. ugh. disgusting to me. i like the extremely thin angel hair pasta and that is what i thought i bought.

a few weeks ago, i went back to walmart and this time i had to put on my glasses and look real close in order to make sure, i was not being ripped off again.

Read

Well, Why do you buy WalMart brand in the first place? Nobody buys it looking for quality, they buy it because it's CHEAP.

Knowing their wonderful All American reputation, the spaghetti is probably made in China or Taiwan! You're better off shopping locally!

Nuuk, Vestgronland, Greenland #46636

Isn't angel hair pasta more disgusting because it is smaller and you can overcook it faster.

Nuuk, Vestgronland, Greenland #46276

Jason, she admited she made a mistake, she admitted it was her fault and you are still being rude to her. Your comment was uncalled for.

Nuuk, Vestgronland, Greenland #46270

You are not being ripped off you still get pasta, and you yourself admitted you picked up the wrong package. So next time you picky nine year old get a parent to do the reading for you.

Nuuk, Vestgronland, Greenland #46269

Nuuk, Vestgronland, Greenland #46265

Oh, never mind, I accidently picked up the wrong package. It was in with the angel hair pasta. I just picked the package out of the recyclying and surely it said spagetti.

mammabuns2
Herminie, Pennsylvania
Loss
Review #134422 is a subjective opinion of poster.